Sunday, September 22, 2013

33 weeks

A lot has happened in the time since my last post. Antibody titer levels went up so I have been getting weekly ultrasounds since mid July. Levels started in zone c which isn't too bad. Zones are A through D with A being the worst. Eventually I went to zone B and around 9/5, they thought Ryah was in zone A. Went through monitoring for 4 days where I was in zone A for 2 days and down to zone B the last 2 days. They decided to expect the worst & go into do a blood transfusion procedure in case Ryah was in fact anemic. Once in the procedure, they numbed my belly & stuck a big needle in. It felt uncomfortable and large! They took several samples from the umbilical cord and got one result that was really low. Because of that sample, they started the blood transfusion while they waited for 2 other sample results. They had injected 20ml of blood when they got the other results back. Those results were normal so they stopped the transfusion.
They had numbed me 3 different times, 3 different needles, and stuck 3 big needles in my belly during this procedure. All to find out that Ryah wasn't anemic and she was doing fine in zone B. My doctor said the blood flow study, which is the ultrasound of her brain, can sometimes be overly sensitive and give a false positive. They were just being extra cautious in our case.
Now, my doctor has decided to move up my scheduled c-section date from 10/28 to 10/23. That's if everything goes OK between now and then, so as long as we stay in zone B.

No comments:

Post a Comment